12.12.2013

Indulge In {Nutella Crinkle Cookies}


Ever since I was a child, I've had an addiction to sweets. Cookies, cakes, ice cream, it didn't matter. If it could be considered dessert, I'm going to love it! But as I've grown I've realized I need to control my dessert intake just a bit. I'm typically really good about doing this throughout the year but always allow myself a pass during the holidays. Frankly, it's just too hard to turn down all of the homemade holiday treats. One of my favorite cookies is the recipe I'm sharing with you today. It's for Nutella crinkle cookies and they are out of this world delicious. I first made them for a holiday pot luck last year and they got rave reviews. Since then they have become my go to cookie recipe. So in honor of all the holiday baking, here's the recipe. Hopefully they will become one of your favorites too!

:: Ingredients ::
3 Cups All-purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1-1/4 Cups Nutella Spread
4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, softened
1-1/4 Cups Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Instant Hazelnut Cappuccino Powder
2 Large Eggs, Room Temperature
1/3 Cup Whole Milk
1 cup Confectioners Sugar


:: Directions ::
1. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl. With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat Nutella, butter, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla, instant cappuccino, and eggs and mix until incorporated. Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture and milk, and mix until just combined. Refrigerate dough until firm, about 1 hour.
2. Adjust oven racks to middle positions and heat oven to 375 degrees. Line three baking sheets with silpat or parchment paper.
3. Add confectioners’ sugar to bowl. One at a time, roll dough into 1-inch balls then roll in confectioners’ sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets (12 cookies/sheet). Refrigerate first sheet of dough for 10 minute while preparing the second sheet. Bake cookies for approximately 8-10 minutes, switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking. Cool 5 minutes on sheets, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment