12.11.2013

The Happiest Hour {Frozen Cocoa Cocktail}


Growing up I was obsessed with hot chocolate. The rich, creamy, chocolatey flavor topped with mini marshmallows was the perfect winter treat. Now that I'm older, I love to experiment with my childhood favorite. Last year I made an indulgent coconut hot chocolate that was to die for. The only problem is that you can really only enjoy it when it's cold outside. We've been having an unusually warm winter here with highs in the upper 70s and low 80s the past weeks. With temperatures like that, all you want is something to cool you down. Well on a lazy Sunday, laying by the Christmas tree craving my favorite winter drink, I got the idea to make a cold adult version. I took a pack of the classic Swiss Miss hot chocolate and shook it over ice with a bit of Bailey's, Jameson, and Frangelico to create the ideal adult version of my childhood favorite. I may be biased but it would probably even be good on a cold winter day sitting by a hot fire! Here's the recipe…

:: Ingredients ::
1 Pack Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate
3/4 Cup Milk
1 oz Bailey's Irish Cream
1 oz Frangelico
1.5 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
Mini Marshmallows

:: Directions ::
1. Combine hot chocolate packet, milk, Bailey's, Frangelico, and Jameson in a shaker over ice. Shake vigorously to combine.
2. Strain into martini glass, top with mini marshmallows and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment