12.16.2013

Color Me {Coastal Christmas}


While a white Christmas sounds lovely, the only kind of Christmas for me is a coastal Christmas. I'm the kind of person who gets cold when temperatures drop below 70, the kind of person who can't imagine having to scrape ice off my windshield in the morning, the kind of person who doesn't really own a "coat", and I prefer to keep it that way. A coastal Christmas means starfish tree toppers and more aqua than red and green.

It's no secret I'm a beach fanatic. For now though, we are living in a landlocked city meaning I have to bring the beach to me. Even if you don't live near the coast you can create a coastal Christmas wherever you are. Keep the color scheme light and bright with beige, silver and shades of blue. Create homemade ornaments out of starfish and skirt the tree with loose burlap. I'll share my coastal Christmas details with you later in the week, but here's a little inspiration board to get you started!

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment