11.07.2013

Indulge In {Pumpkin Banana Bread}


I can't hide the fact that I have an obsession with all things pumpkin flavored in the fall. If it says pumpkin on the label, I'm probably going to try it. From pumpkin coffee creamer to pumpkin soup, there is really nothing I won't eat. So with a few very ripe bananas lying around and a desire to consume an entire can of pumpkin puree, I set out to create the most delicious pumpkin banana bread I could in one try. And, not to brag, but I would say I did a pretty good job of it. By taking my mom's tried and true banana bread recipe and subbing in pumpkin for the egg and oil, I was able to create not only a simple to make pumpkin bread but a rather yummy one at that. The pumpkin flavor is subtle but still present making it nice for the people who aren't quite as obsessed with pumpkin as I am. While I eat it for dessert with a dab of whipped cream, try slicing some up for a fall flavored brunch. It would even be great to serve with scrambled eggs on Thanksgiving morning.



I could continue to tell you how delicious it is and inform you of the many ways to enjoy it, but instead I'll let you decide for yourself. Here's the recipe…

:: Ingredients ::
2 1/3 Cups Bisquick
1 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree
3/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
3 Large Very Ripe Bananas
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice

*Note: Due to the substitution of pumpkin puree for egg and oil, this is the least confusion and most efficient way to write the recipe.

:: Directions ::
1. Combine pumpkin puree and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add in bananas, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Mix in Bisquick.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes in a greased loaf pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment