9.12.2013

Indulge In {Kentucky Hot Browns}


I've posted a lot this week about my wedding from last weekend. I just can't help it. The whole day was full of sweet personal southern touches that really took the day to the next level including the menu. Both the bride and groom (and the majority of their families) are from Kentucky, so they wanted to include a little bit of home and a Kentucky favorite into their fare. Personally, I had never heard of a hot brown before, but let me tell you, I will never forget it. This Bluegrass State staple is going into my party appetizer rotation immediately. I may even make some for the FSU home opener this weekend. Not only are they delicious, they are simple to make only requiring 6 ingredients. Enjoy them hot or cold, by yourself or with a large crowd. Either way, you can't go wrong. Here's the recipe adapted from Southern Living....

:: Ingredients (Makes 6) ::
3 Sister Shubert Rolls
6 oz Sliced Turkey
3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
6 Slices of Roma Tomatoes
3 Slices of Bacon
Mornay Sauce

:: Directions ::
1. Slice Sister Shubert Rolls in half placing face up on a lined baking sheet.
2. Place in over 6" from broiler and broil until slightly golden, 1-2 minutes.
3. Top roll with 1 oz sliced turkey, spoonful of Mornay sauce, 1/2 tablespoon of parmesan cheese and return to broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, approximately 3-4 minutes.
4. Remove from oven top with 1 slice of Roma tomato and 1/2 slice of bacon. Serve and enjoy!

*Image courtesy of Southern Living

No comments:

Post a Comment