9.11.2013

A Look Back


As you all know, today is September 11th. I'm sure, like me, it's a day that weighs heavy on your mind. I still remember exactly where I was when I heard the news. I remember the thoughts that were going through my head. I even remember what we were learning in science class the day it happened. Being that I was only 12 when it took place, the whole thing just kinda baffled me. I didn't fully understand the impact it would have on the country and the world. Now, 12 years later, it's still all I can think about today. It just didn't feel right to post about life's celebratory moments at a time like this. Instead, I want to take today to honor all of those who lost their lives in the attacks and the events that occurred because of it. I want to take today to thank all of the firefights, policemen, EMTs, and civilians that ran into the flames to help others as opposed to running away to save themselves, to thank the service men and women of this country for keeping us safe. It is because of them we are the land of the free and the home of the brave. I could never have the courage and strength to do what they do for us day in and day out.

I encourage you to take some time today to remember those that lost their lives and to thank the ones that fight for us each day. Have a peaceful Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment