6.13.2013

Indulge In {Fruity Ice Cubes}


It's no secret that Florida is hot. Really, really hot. And this past week has been hotter than normal. With the heat index hitting 110, I found myself constantly searching for ways to stay cool. I'm usually one to avoid ice in drinks, but I couldn't pile it in my glass fast enough. With the heat though, the ice cubes were melting left and right making my cocktails watery, something you never want. To solve the problem, I decided to make my mixers into ice cubes. This way, when the Florida sun melts it away, my drink won't lose any flavor! My favorite thing about this concept is you can do it with just about whatever you want. I layered cranberry and orange juice to go in my vodka soda, but you could also do lime zest and juice for margaritas or chopped mint and simple syrup for mojitos. These spirited ice cubes are simple to make and give big impact to a party. Here's the how to for my layered cran orange cubes...



:: Ingredients ::
Orange Juice
Cranberry Juice

:: Directions ::
1. Pour cranberry juice into ice tray just enough to fill half the cube portion. Place in the freezer and freeze till solid, approximately 6 hours.
2. Top each cube with orange juice and freeze overnight till solid. Remove from tray, mix into cocktail and serve!

2 comments:

  1. It is looking very yummy!!!. Thanks for the recipe. I will definitely try this. The main thing is it is of Orange Juice,Cranberry Juice. I will try with the noni.

    Regards,
    Tahitian Noni Juice

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a good idea! It was so freakin hot (but enjoyable) while we were in FL too and tha was a constant dilemma!

    ReplyDelete