6.17.2013

Color Me {Summer Berry}


Recently, I've been seeing all of these posts on Facebook about people picking their own produce, everything from citrus to vegetables to berries. It looks so fun and I've been dying to do it for awhile now. I finally did some research the other day and found a place not to far from our house. There we can pick organic blueberries, blackberries and strawberries, and I'm already imagining what to do with the loot. I'm thinking pies, cobblers, and tarts galore. I may event finally try my hand at canning and make some berry preserves to give as gifts. The thought of finally going picking has me inspired for summer parties too. The bright, vivid colors of the berries spring thoughts of a pretty, relaxed afternoon gathering. Pink, navy, red and deep burgundy will fill the room accompanied by soft neutrals like ivory and gold. It would make a great scheme for a formal affair as well. Whether you make it formal or casual, the organic combination of berry shades is perfect for all your warm weather get togethers.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment