5.29.2013

Transformers


I know Issue 4 of LPF Mag isn't even out yet, but I've already began brainstorming for Issue 5. It might seem a bit far off, but my idea for the issue has me so excited that I couldn't wait to share my inspiration with you now. The concept is a gorgeous rustic chic dinner party set in a open field with giant old oak trees all around. Sounds pretty simple, I know. The part I haven't told you yet though is that I want everything (with the exception of food) to come from a hardware store wether it be Home Depot or Lowe's. The idea is to take what you might consider to be industrial and tough and turn it into something soft and beautiful. I'm still working out some details but know that I want to take rough materials and transform them into something you would never guess came from a hardware store. While places like Lowe's and Home Depot have started to include some beautiful pieces in the store, I don't want to use anything in it's original state. For example, a PVC pipe could be turned into a vase, washers into a metallic backdrop, or a paint can as an ice bucket.

The possibilities are really endless and I can't wait to get started. I hope you all enjoy the inspiration behind the project and look forward to seeing the end result as much as I do! Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment