5.30.2013

Indulge In {Watermelon Salad}


If you try and give me a salad in the middle of the winter, I will probably politely turn my nose up at it in favor of roast potatoes and a hearty piece of roast. But, as soon as spring and summer roll around, salads become an instant must in my book. They are easy for entertaining, light and delicious. The cool, refreshing flavors are perfect on a hot summer day and nicely accompany all of your grilled favorites. While a traditional mixed spring green salad is nice, I like to mix it up every once and awhile. Try a loaded vegetable salad, a fruity salad, bean salad, or my favorite, watermelon salad. It's a yummy combination of juicy sweet watermelon, peppery arugula, salty feta cheese, and savory balsamic vinegar that provides the perfect balance between fruit and greens. It's always been a hit at my summer gatherings and know it will be a hit at your's too. Here's the recipe...

:: Ingredients ::
1/4 Watermelon, cut into chunks
6 oz Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 Container Arugula
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar

:: Directions ::
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment