5.23.2013

Indulge In {Strawberry Pie}


Hello there! We are one day closer to the long holiday weekend ahead and I'm starting to get really excited (as I do every Thursday!). This weekend I'm packing up my bags and heading to Rob's parent's house to celebrate his Mom's birthday. You all know birthdays are my favorite and when you combine that with a holiday, I get extra happy. I want to share a recipe today that I have shared before but reminds me of both Rob's Mom and Memorial Day. Last year I had a bunch of strawberries left over from an event and took them down to his parent's house with me. With the help of Rob's Mom, we whipped up this delicious strawberry pie. If you've never had strawberry pie before, you are seriously missing out. Loaded with a ton of fresh strawberries and topped with a dollop of whipped cream, it's a great summertime dessert. Plus, the color makes it perfect to serve up on Memorial Day. Make ahead of time and keep in the fridge till guests arrive. They will surely be impressed by it's fresh, light, and delicious flavor. Here's the recipe!


:: Ingredients ::
2 Cups Sugar
2 Cups Water
6 Tablespoons Strawberry Gelatin Mix
2 Pounds Fresh Strawberries
3 Heaping + 3 Regular Tablespoons Cornstarch
1 Pilsbury Pie Crust Cooked and Cooled

:: Directions ::
1. In a sauce pan, mix together sugar, strawberry gelatin, and cornstarch
2. Add water and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent burning, until thick and clear. Set aside and let cool completely.
3. Slice strawberries in quarters and set aside till gelatin mixture is cool.
4. Once cool, mix strawberries in with gelatin mixture. Pour into pie crust and put in fridge until ready to serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment