4.29.2013

Color Me {Derby Days}


Forget Cinco de Mayo. While it may be one of my favorite holidays, I'm more excited about the day before, the Derby! It provides me with an excuse to put on fancy floral frock and rock large hat adorned with a big bow. Pour me a mint julep (I'll share my recipe later this week!) and sit back as I help you to throw the best derby party yet. First things first, start by decorating with vintage racing ribbons, lots of color, and silver julep cups. If you can't find vintage ribbons, use the DIY I posted last week to make your own. Silver julep cups are not only great for drink but work wonderfully as vases for big buds like white hydrangeas or pink peonies. Create a racing pool and let everybody draw the name of a horse. Keep it interesting by having everybody put in a dollar. Winner takes all. This brings the fun back into it since everybody has to draw a horses name from a hat, no one person has the advantage of research or knowledge. The possibilities for throwing a perfect derby party are endless and I can't wait to hear what your ideas are.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment