12.11.2012

A Crafted Holiday {Lighted Ribbon Garland}


With the realization that I'm not a traditional holiday decorations type, I've decided to go with a non traditional garland this year. The Fraiser Fur type is full and beautiful (and smells amazing!) but it's just not my style. After searching for inspiration to decorate my fireplace, I settled on this bright, crafty option. It's simple to make, colorful, and customizable to your taste and holiday colors. I opted for silver, aqua, and a navy lattice print. Tie around a strand of lights and string across the mantle for the perfect piece of custom garland. Here's the how to...

:: Supplies ::
3 Different Ribbon Colors or Patterns (2 Rolls of each) (Choose ribbons the same width)
Scissors
String of Lights

:: Directions ::
1. Cut each roll of ribbon into 8 1/4 in. pieces.
2. Arrange in a pattern and tie around the strand of lights.
3. Hang on the mantle and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment