8.23.2012

Indulge In {Strawberry Pie}


I often find myself in the situation of heading out of town with food in the fridge that never got used that will most certainly go bad before I get back. Does this happen to anyone else? Call it poor planning  or life getting in the way of grand plans to eat at home for every meal, but it never fails. This past weekend, we were heading out for a couple days at R's parent's house with a two pound box of strawberries just hanging out in the fridge. After a quick call to R's mom, it was decided that we would find some use for the lingering strawberries. With the help of Google, we finally landed on strawberry pie. I've never had it before but let me tell you it's major delicious! Here's the recipe...

:: Ingredients ::
2 Cups Sugar
2 Cups Water
6 Tablespoons Strawberry Gelatin Mix
2 Pounds Fresh Strawberries
3 Heaping + 3 Regular Tablespoons Cornstarch
1 Pie Crust Cooked and Cooled

:: Directions ::
1. In a sauce pan, mix together sugar, strawberry gelatin, and cornstarch
2. Add water and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent burning, until thick and clear. Set aside and let cool completely.
3. Slice strawberries in quarters and set aside till gelatin mixture is cool.
4. Once cool, mix strawberries in with gelatin mixture. Pour into pie crust and put in fridge until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, this is exactly what i want to do with my mass amounts of strawberries sitting in my fridge.. delicious!

    ReplyDelete