5.17.2012

Indulge In {Shrimp & Tomatoes}

Besides cocktails, I think food may be one of my favorite topics. As a real eater (I'm constantly stuffing my face), I take my food very seriously. But, at the same time, I tend to cook on the whim throwing ingredients together as I go and never following a recipe. Most of the time it turns out tragic, but sometimes it turns out amazing. This is one of those times that throwing things in a pan and hoping for the best really worked in my favor. This shrimp and tomato concoction would be delicious over pasta but is also amazing just the way it is, which is how I ate it. Serve it up with a toasted parmesan round and enjoy! Here's the recipe...

:: Ingredients ::
1 pound medium white shrimp, peeled and deveined 
5 medium tomatoes on the vine, diced
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes to taste

:: Directions ::
1. In a large sauce pan, sautee onion and garlic until onions are translucent. 
2. Mix in tomatoes, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cover and reduce to a simmer.
3. Cook tomatoes down for approximately 10-15 minutes (tomatoes should be broken down and a nice sauce formed). Add shrimp, cover and cook until shrimp is done. Approximately 5 minutes. 
4. Ladle it up with a toasted parmesan round for dipping.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment