3.14.2012

Kiss Me...I'm Irish

No really, I am! But, no worries, you don't have to kiss me. But, you do have to help me celebrate in mean green style. One of our family traditions on St. Patrick's Day is to enjoy a meal of corned beef and cabbage and to make up our own Irish prayer. They all get written in a book of Irish prayers we picked up on our family trip to Ireland. It's so much fun to read back through them and see what we have written through the years. While I won't be with my family this year, I still plan on celebrating in style. Decked in green jeans, I'll sport a shamrock on my sweater and indulge in Irish treats. While I'm not a fan of Guinness, I will take a glass of Irish whisky. Not a fan of traditional Irish fare? Not a problem. Put a few drops of green food coloring into drinks and food and make all the other indulgences green with envy. 

What do you have planned for St. Patrick's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment