3.19.2012

Color Me {Pink Flamingo}

Does anybody else remember those cheesy pink flamingo yard ornaments? I haven't seen them anywhere in years, but my grandmother used to have at least three or four in her yard at a time, and I loved them! Well, the other day I was in a store and spotted a pair in garnet and gold (for FSU of course). It instantly reminded me of their original pink counterparts that my grandmother loved so dearly. Ever since, I've been searching for a pair for memories sake, and can't seem to find them any where. While that is neither here nor there, it left me wishing to throw a summer bash with those cheesy pink flamingos as my inspiration. Their bright pink shade and vintage feel would make for some sure fire welcome to summer fun! Imagine 1950's style wicker furniture topped with bright pink cushions surrounding a glass top table topped with a boldly printed pink tablecloth. With orange centerpieces, guests will feel the flamingo vibe everywhere they look. Intermittently place pink flamingos all over the backyard and allow each guest to take one home as they leave. Encourage everyone to dawn their vintage swimwear and this will be a welcome to summer throw back none are soon to forget! 

1 comment:

  1. awe, i love this idea, it'd be such a fun party favor. also, loving the garnet and gold flamingo idea. :)

    ReplyDelete