11.03.2011

Delightful Dining {Grilled Veggie Sandwich}

A couple of weeks ago on my little venture to the farmer's market, I picked up an eggplant. Never having cooked an eggplant before, I left a little lost as to what to do with it, and confused as to why I even purchased it in the first place. So, I did what I do with anything I don't know what to do with. Grilled it. Since clearly I can't eat just eggplant for dinner, I got a little hearty and made a sandwich with some squash I also had from the farmer's market, onions and chicken. And let me tell you, for being thrown together on the fly, this was a damn good sandwich. And super filling! Here's what you'll need...

Ingredients
{1} An eggplant sliced
{2} 3 squash sliced length wise
{3} An onion sliced
{4} Chicken breast
{5} Hoagie rolls
{6} Olive oil, butter, teriyaki, salt and pepper

{Step 1} Marinate your chicken in teriyaki sauce. (This is my personal favorite, but I don't think it really matters.)
{Step 2} Slice your eggplant and squash, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
{Step 3} Slice your onion and saute until translucent
{Step 4} Grill your chicken, eggplant and squash until done
{Step 5} Slice and butter your bread. Grill butter side down to heat (about 1 minute)
{Step 6} Assemble sandwich with veggies, sliced chicken, and onions.
{Step 7} Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment