7.20.2011

Social Graces {No Gifts Please}

So here is an interesting situation for you. I'm planning a birthday for the funniest, liveliest 90 year old woman you have ever met! Well, instead of asking for gift for her birthday, she is asking that donations be made to her favorite charity. While personally I think it is a brilliant plan, especially for the woman who has everything, I understand it could be a bit confusing for guests. I mean there is the whole dilemma of how much should I give. The simple answer is however much you feel. But, that varies. A simple rule to remember is to give as much to the honorees charity as you would spend on a gift. I like to give a little more than that though just because it is going to charity. And, the way I think about it is that it is probably going to someone who needs it a little more than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment