7.21.2011

Dining Uncorked {Chicken Meatballs}

So, I don't know about you, but I have this obsession with Rachael Ray! I think she is adorable and I'm kind of obsessed with all of her recipes. They're great for someone like me who is incredibly busy and likes to make things in the kitchen that sound really complicated but aren't. So a couple of days ago, I tried a couple of her tapas style recipes because I like noshing more than eating a big meal. One of the ones I tried was these chicken meatballs with a sweet peanut sauce. I must say they were rather delicious! And, incredibly easy. They're a perfect quick appetizer to make for your next bash. The one think I did different was that I didn't toss them in the sauce first. I left it on the side for people to decide how much they wanted. I did make some other delish dishes that I will be sure to share in the coming weeks. Here's the dets on the chicken meatballs...


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 lb. ground chicken
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, grated
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp. soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp. sugar
  • 3 tbsp. sesame oil
  • Chopped peanuts, for garnish

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Mix chicken, cilantro, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; roll into 1-tbsp. balls. In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook through, 6 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients (except peanuts) and warm in microwave. Toss meatballs with half of sauce and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve on toothpicks with remaining sauce for dipping

No comments:

Post a Comment