1.07.2014

Party DIY {Bow Tie Notecards}


Every once and awhile I like to go browsing my favorite sites to see what goodies they have and if I can recreate them. Today's Party DIY was inspired by the adorable bow tie name cards from Anthropologie. Since I didn't feel the urge to spend money at the time, I decided to try and make my own version. They were surprisingly easy and now that I know how to make the bow just right, I can adorn all sorts of paper goods with them. I'm imagining not only note cards and name cards but menus, gift tags, cards, notebooks, and more! Let's face it, everything is better with a bow on it! Here's the step by step on this fun little DIY I will be using for months to come…

:: Supplies ::
2" Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, cut into 10" pieces
Twine
Scissors
Hot Glue
Note Cards



:: Directions ::
1. Start by folding your 10" piece of grosgrain ribbon into thirds.
2. On the horizontal, pinch the middle of the ribbon. From there grab the excess ribbon on each side of the pinch to form a bustle in the center.
3. Wrap your twine around the center bustle six times tying it off with a double knot to secure. Trim ends of twine.
4. Place a dab of hot glue on the back of the twine and secure to note card.

No comments:

Post a Comment