1.02.2014

Indulge In {Tomato Basil Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini}


Like many of you, I try to eat healthy all the time. Most of the time I fail. What can I say, nothing beats hot pizza with cold beer and baking is my favorite! Again this year, I am making an effort to eliminate the bad foods from my life and replace them with healthy ones. In an attempt to do so, I'm sharing a recipe with you today that is as equally healthy as it is delicious. Plus with every bite, I miss that pizza less and less….kinda. The beauty of this dish is that you can customize it to your own taste.  Here's the recipe. Hope we all have a healthy 2014!

:: Ingredients ::
3 Large Zucchini, quartered with centers scooped out
2 Cups Cooked Quinoa
1 Pint Grape Tomatoes, quartered
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Cup Basil, cut into ribbons
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

:: Directions ::
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drizzle zucchini with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 10-15 minutes until just cooked.
2. While zucchini is cooking, Sauté garlic, tomatoes and basil in olive oil over medium heat. Once tomatoes have broken down, mix with quinoa and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spoon approximately 1/2 cup of the quinoa mixture into each zucchini, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and return to oven until parmesan has slightly melted, approximately 10 minutes. Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment