11.14.2013

Indulge In {A Season of Pies}


Just like summer screams of tropical flavored cocktails and tons of fresh fruit, fall screams of pies. I've always struggled just a bit with pie making. Always choosing a pre-made crust over taking the time to make my own. Fillings are usually limited to pumpkin (my favorite!) and strawberry (once!). Never have I ever ventured outside of that realm. This is the year I vow to change that though. I've done my research; I've gather up a bunch of recipes, and I think I've finally landed on the perfect crust recipe. Now comes the hard part….the filling. Do I go sweet or savory? Or maybe an obscure combination of the two… There are so many possibilities I may turn into the crazy pie lady just trying them all out!

While I'm over here narrowing down my options and concocting new flavor pairings, I've gathered up my favorite pie recipes to date to share with you. Some are sweet; some are not…And some are just a bit cooky. But, they are all amazing in their own right. I hope you enjoy these and I can't wait to share my pie creation with you in the coming weeks!

1. Pear Pie with Red Wine and Rosemary from Bon Appetit

2. Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie from She Wears Many Hats

3. Baked Brie Apple Pie from Something Swanky

4. Salty Honey Pie from Four & Twenty Blackbirds

No comments:

Post a Comment