10.29.2013

Party DIY {Spider Mums}


I've been so busy lately that taking the time to decorate for Halloween was unfortunately put off till the last minute. While I don't usually decorate inside, I like to create a spooky but welcoming experience for trick-or-treaters outside. But with this year's lack of time, I resorted to quick decor with a big impact. I had bought these mini glittered spiders with another project in mind but with time cut close I had to resort to plan B. I'm very glad I did though. By hot gluing these decorative spiders to wooden skewers, I was able to stick them into my mums and create the appearance that spiders were crawling everywhere. This is hands down one of the simplest DIY decor items I've ever done but I think the impact turned out better than any. Plus, I'm really hoping it will spook a few people come Thursday! Here's the simple step by step….



:: Supplies ::
Mini Plastic Spiders (I got mine at Wal-Mart)
Long Wooden Skewers
Hot Glue

:: Directions::
1. Place a dab of hot glue on the underneath of your spider. 
2. Put wooden skewer into hot glue and hold in place until glue begins to set. 
3. Stick into plants or centerpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment