10.03.2013

Indulge In {Roasted Pumpkin Seeds}


It's hard to tell in Florida when the seasons actually change because the temperatures usually don't. One tell tale sign that it's fall for me is when the pumpkin patch down the street opens up. The huge church lawn filled with pumpkins and gourds of all sizes brings a big smile to my face every time I drive by. Pumpkin is by far one of my favorite fall flavors. Whether it be savory or sweet, I love it. While I don't have much experience with cooking the pumpkin itself, I do have lots of experience in roasting the pumpkin seeds. What most people throw out is my favorite part of the gourd. When toasted and mixed with either salty or sweet spices, it makes a great snack for every day or a nice treat to put out a fall gatherings. I shared my recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds a few years ago and wanted to share again today as a launch into pumpkin season. As the next months go on, I hope to get a little more experience cooking up the flesh of the pumpkin and sharing some more delicious pumpkin inspired recipes with you. While I'm doing that though, I'll just snack on these!

:: Ingredients ::
Pumpkin Seeds from 1 Large Pumpkin, cleaned
Olive Oil
Brown Sugar
Sea Salt
Chili Powder
Chipotle Seasoning
Ground Cumin
**All Spices Done to Taste

:: Directions ::
1. Place cleaned seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes to dry out.
2. Remove seeds from baking sheet and toss in a bowl with olive oil and spices.
3. Return to baking sheet and cook for an additional 20 minutes.

Have a tasty Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment