10.14.2013

Color Me {Lord of Gourds}


I spent the day yesterday relaxing, crafting, and cooking getting in the spirit of fall. Around here, you have to make your own fall feel. With temperatures near where they were in April and May, it takes a world of fall inspired decorations and recipes to really get me in the mood, and what screams of fall more than gourds. It doesn't matter the shape, size or color, I put them everywhere. From a large bowl on the center of my dining table to mini ones turned into candle holders to a display on the front steps, you can find gourds hanging all around. While they are great for crafting and decorating, I really love them for their color. We don't get the changing colors of leaves in Florida, but the beautiful fall tones found naturally in gourds gives me the color shift I'm looking for. I plan on keeping the tones present throughout from now till Thanksgiving and know that it will keep my autumn spirit in tact!

No comments:

Post a Comment