9.17.2013

Party DIY {Sassy Silver Swizzles}


There are typically two problems I have with parties. One being that I can never seem to find enough cute and unique pieces to add a personal touch. Two being that when I served premixed cocktails, they tend to separate the longer they sit. This DIY solves both of those. Swizzle sticks are always fun to add a bit of flair to a cocktail but I they are difficult to find in any local store. Making your own is incredibly simple though. For these I didn't even use glue! All you need is a 4" skewer that you can find at your neighborhood grocery store and whatever you want to craft with. I make these with simple silver pipe cleaners, however I love the idea of tying various colored ribbon around the top or making a flag with washi tape. You could even make a flag and have guests write there name on them to use as a drink marker. The possibilities are really endless so get creative! Here's how I made mine...



:: Supplies ::
4" Wood Skewer
Silver Pipe Cleaner

:: Directions ::
Place the skewer at the end of the pipe cleaner. Wrap the pipe cleaner around the top of the skewer forming a ball. Place in cocktail and enjoy! 

Have a crafty Tuesday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment