9.26.2013

Indulge In {The Perfect Cheese Board}


I would have to say this is less cheese board and more a cheese and cured meats board. Either way it's perfect. Ever since I can remember, I've been a big fan of cheese. All kinds of cheese too. It's never mattered how stinky, pungent, or soft cheese was, I would eat it. And when you pair those stinky, pungent, soft cheeses with some slices of cured meat, I'm like a kid in a candy store, unable to decide which to snack on first or which cheese/meat combination to try. So, a couple of months ago, tired of going out to find a great board, I took to making my own. Since then, I've made cheese and meat boards for every function at the house. Sometimes I make them just because it's Sunday. I like to think I've nearly perfected my ideal cheese board. It's a combination of some delicious Italian cured meats and a mix of hard and soft cheeses. While my ideal board would contain a chunk of bleu and slices of gruyere, this one is a bit more friendly for all pallets with milder, more universal cheeses. Plus, it's still amazingly delicious. So, instead of continuing to talk about my love affair with cheese, I figure I'll just share the makings of my perfect cheese board.

:: Ingredients ::
Brie Wedge
Sliced Fresh Mozzarella
Parmesan Block
Sliced Prosciutto
Sliced Capocollo
Sliced Deli Pepperoni
Peach Jam
Multi Grain Crackers

:: Directions ::
Assemble ingredients on large board and serve with cheese knives and a glass of wine.

Have a tasty Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. OMG this looks amazing. you need to visit wisco purely for the ridiculous cheese selection :) we do this for dinner a couple of times a month :)

    ReplyDelete