8.22.2013

Indulge In {Chocolate Covered Confetti Rice Krispy Pops}


If you are having confetti week, you can't not have a confetti inspired treat. Confetti to me represents a true recurrence of nostalgic elements in parties. And, nothing screams nostalgic food to me more than homemade rice krispy treats. I remember making them from scratch with friends on long summer days in the kitchen. When I was young, they were the one treat I could make on my own making me feel like a real grown-up. I haven't had them in ages, but when it came to planning for this week, I wanted to make something that I felt represented "fun" as much as confetti does, but amp it up a notch. While rice krispy treats can be a bit messy to eat with your hands, skewering them and dipping in chocolate really helps to keep hands clean and mouths happy. I've never been more excited to share a recipe with you, so I hope you enjoy as much as I do! Here's the recipe...

:: Ingredients ::
3 Tablespoons Butter
1 Package Marshmallows
6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1 Tub Melting Chocolate
Multi-Colored Sprinkles
Skewers

:: Directions ::
1. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in Rice Krispies. Mix until completely coated.
3. Using a spatula coated in melted butter, press into cake pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Let cool completely and cut into 2 x 3 rectangles.
4. Skewer rice krispies and dip into melted chocolate. Lay flat on wax paper, sprinkle with sprinkles immediately. Let chocolate harden and serve!

Have a tasty Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment