7.30.2013

Goodbye Summer Bucketlist


I know summer isn't over quite yet, but it is coming to an end much sooner than I would like. With about a month left in my favorite season, it's time to squeeze in all those things I want to do before fall rolls in. It's been a truly great summer thus far with beach trips and oyster shucks, but with a month of straight rain under our belts, I feel the need to squeeze in as much summer fun as I can before it's gone. Seeing as making a list is the best way to get things accomplished, I'm making my goodbye summer bucket list before the fun is gone for another year. Here it goes...

1. Go Tubbing: Not far from us is a river called Bear Paw. You grab a tube and float down the lazy river all day. We've been trying to go all summer, but weather has gotten in the way. I'm determined to go before it's too late!

2. Host a Backyard BBQ: Such a simple party should have been a staple in our summer entertaining calendar. Again, the weather was a huge issue. I want to throw one last over the top backyard bash to make up for the lack of BBQs this summer.

3. Light Sparklers: The Fourth of July was over weeks ago, but a major thunderstorm cancelled the fireworks and left me with a pile of sparklers that I'm just dying to light!

4. Make Popsicles: What's the point in eating popsicles if you can't enjoy them in the hot sun? I've been dying to make gourmet pops all summer and you better believe I'm going to do it before it's all said and done!

What's on your end of summer bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment