7.15.2013

Color Me {Pineapple}


It's been a rainy couple of week's here. The rain is normal for Florida in the summer, but recently it seems excessive. The sun shines for a mere couple of hours during the work day, and that appears to be it as of late. So, with a lack of sunshine and happiness outside, I decided to bring a bit of it to the blog today. Pineapples always bring me to a cheery place where I imagine palms hanging above my head, the sand beneath my feet, a large body of water in front of me and the sun shining bright above. The temperatures are warm without being too hot and there is always a tropical drink not to far away. I wish I could be there right now, but instead I will paint the picture in my head and imagine throwing a rainy day bash that's just the same. Serve up pina coladas, teriyaki pineapple chicken skewers, and decorate with a few fake palms while greeting guests with Hawaiian leis. Sounds like the perfect way to get over the rainy day (or month!) blues if you ask me. It's also a great way to imagine I'm sitting on a beach and not behind my desk today....

Have a sunny Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment