3.01.2013

The Happiest Hour {Mint Paloma}


Before my trip to the Bahamas last summer, I was completely satisfied with making cocktails from the bottle. Then, I has the most amazing fresh squeezed cocktails at this little bar on Lubbers. It changed my cocktail theory for life. Spring is the perfect time to indulge in fresh fruits and squeeze out some amazing libations. I took a trip to the farmer's market last weekend and picked up an array of seasonal fruits for beverage making. First on the list, a twist on the classic Paloma. I added a bit of fresh muddled mint to add another dimension of flavor to the favorite tequila cocktail. It's a light, refreshing sipper for those warm afternoons ahead. Here's the recipe!

:: Ingredients ::
Juice of 1/2 Grapefruit
6 Mint Leaves
1/4 Cup Tequila
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
1/4 Cup Club Soda

:: Directions ::
1. Place mint leaves in the bottom of a glass and muddle.
2. Add grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila, and shake to combine.
3. Pour over ice and top with club soda.
4. Sip and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment