I'm really excited to share a recipe with you today that was featured in the latest issue of LPF Mag. Since this week is all about my favorite things, I wanted to feature my new favorite mac n' cheese recipe. It's loaded with pieces of chicken, andouille sausage, and tons of flavor! Here's the recipe...
:: Ingredients ::
½ lb. Pasta
3 cups Milk
4 tbsp Butter
4 tbsp Flour
16 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar
1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning Blend
½ cup Bell Pepper, diced
¼ cup Onion, diced
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 can Diced Tomatoes, strained
1 ½ cups Andouille Sausage, sliced
1 ½ cups Chicken, cubed
½ cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar, for topping
:: Directions ::
1. Cook pasta according to box directions
2. In a medium pan, sautee bell pepper, onion, and garlic in oil until onion is translucent. Set aside.
3. In a medium pot, melt butter. Add flour and stir until paste forms. Pour in milk whisking continuously until it reaches a low boil and thickens. Mix in cheese and stir until melted and sauce is thick. Add Cajun seasoning.
4. In a large bowl combine pasta, cooked veggies, cheese sauce, 1cup sausage and chicken.
5. Transfer to a baking dish and top with remaining sausage and ½ cup of shredded cheese.
6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until sides are bubbly and sausage is browned.