11.28.2012

A Crafted Holiday {Modern Boxwood Wreath}


Last year I shared with you my DIY wreath featuring trimmings from the underneath of my tree. While I loved how it turned out, the fullness and it's fresh fraiser smell, this year I wanted to opt for something a little cleaner and more modern. This boxwood wreath was just the ticket to fill that requirement. Using a simple wire hanger stretched into a circle, I wrapped it in fresh boxwood and adorned it with a flameless candle. As it hangs on my front door, I love seeing it's clean fresh lines when I drive up. Even though it's only been up for a few days, it already has me in the spirit and I can't wait to decorate the rest of the house. Here's how I made it.

:: Supplies ::
Wire Hanger
Boxwood Plant
Twine
Flameless candle
Hot Glue

:: Directions ::
1. Begin by stretching out your wire hanger forming a circle.
2. Next, take branches of boxwood and tie them to the hanger using your twine. The branches should go about 3/4 of the way around the hanger.
3. Using your hot glue, put two dabs on each side of the flameless candle and attach to the bottom center of the wreath. Make sure the switch is facing out as to be easily accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment