10.16.2012

The Happiest Hour {Coconut Hot Chocolate}


Yep. I said it. Coconut hot chocolate. Oh, and it tastes better than it sounds. Made with cocoa, pieces of dark chocolate and coconut milk, this cold weather treat is rich and truly indulgent. I topped it with dollop of whipped cream and (my favorite part) toasted coconut flakes. The overall coconut flavor was subtle and the perfect complement to the creamy dark chocolate. I can't wait to indulge in a few more glasses as the temperatures continue to drop. Here's the recipe!

:: Ingredients ::
1 Cup 2% Milk
1 Can Lite Coconut Milk
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
2 Tablespoons Sugar
3.5 Ounces Dark Chocolate (broken into small pieces)
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

:: Directions ::
1. Mix all ingredients in a medium sauce pan and stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is hot.
2. Top with whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my. I always LOVE the coconut-chocolate combo but I've never had it in hot chocolate! I need to make this!

    ReplyDelete