5.21.2012

Color Me {All American}


Hi dolls! Happy Monday. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm starting to get really excited because one of my favorite holidays is just a week a way. To me, Memorial Day is more than just another day off of work, it symbolizes the start of summer and is an amazing way to remember all the amazing things men and women have stood up for in honor of our country over the years. While the official beginning of summer won't come until the middle of June, I can't help but think of Memorial Day as the unofficial beginning of sun and fun. And, what better way than a patriotic backyard BBQ to welcome in the next couple months of outdoor celebrations. I'm imagining a yard full of friends and family indulging in fresh slices of watermelon, BBQ chicken, homemade ice cream and ice cold beers. Decorate with red, white, and blue accents and throw in touches of the stars and stripes to complete the soiree. If you are lucky, begin the whole fete with a celebration at the beach. After all, Memorial Day does symbolize the official opening of the beaches!

How will you celebrate this amazing and fun holiday next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment