4.13.2012

Lusting After {Anchors}


It's true. I'm a sucker for anything nautical. Well, I'm actually a sucker for a lot of things, but that's beside the point. Give me a navy and white stripe or a rope detailing and I can't say no. However, my newest nautical obsession is the anchor. I've been spotting this detail everywhere recently and I love its versatile vibe. Whether paired with other nautical details to create a "shore" fire fun soiree or simply used for symbolic meaning, I'm sold on anchor detailing for all most all types of events. Intrigue guests with an invitation suite laced with brightly colored anchors and sea creatures. Continue to add the detail in other subtle ways by incorporating anchor hooks and gifting guests small anchor details such as bracelets, koozies, or even anchor embroidered bow ties. Accompany the detailing with a cheesy, but cute meaningful saying such as "You anchor me and keep me from getting lost at sea" to tie it all together!

Enjoy your weekend and I'll see you right here first thing Monday morning! xo

1 comment:

  1. I love the nautical details. those rope invites are so so cute! i still remember you carrying around a nautical-y/sailing-eqsue tote when we were youngin' fashion merch majors :)

    ReplyDelete