3.29.2012

Indulge In {Rosemary Garlic Fries}

Like everyone else, I indulged in a few too many orders of french fries as a kid. They were always at the top of my daily consumption list. The older I got, the more I realized how unhealthy my consumption was becoming. But, my love of deep fried potatoes never really went anywhere. To this day I still cook potatoes at least once a week for dinner. This past weekend, I was in the middle of a potato crave and decided to experiment with my old favorite, the french fry. Except this time, I decided to kick it up a bit. With flavors of rosemary, garlic, and a bit of sea salt, these oven fries are the perfect adult (and healthier) version of a childhood favorite. No need for ketchup. The subtle but robust flavor accompanied my the perfect crunch is all you need to compliment any meal, big or small. Sometimes, I just eat them as a meal on their own. Here's the recipe...

:: Ingredients ::
3 T Olive Oil
3 T Fresh Rosemary, chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 Lb. Idaho Potatoes
Sea Salt to Taste

:: Directions ::
1. Mix together olive oil, rosemary, and garlic in a bowl and let sit 1 hour. 
2. Preheat oven to 375.
3. Chop potatoes and place in a single layer on a sheet pan. 
4. Pour olive oil mixture over potatoes and coat completely. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 35-45 minutes.

Enjoy with burgers, chicken, steak and more. Whether it be the party of the year or a Tuesday night dinner, I think you will really enjoy this indulgence!

No comments:

Post a Comment