3.01.2012

Indulge In {Bourbon Banana Pudding}

Yes, you read that correctly, Bourbon Banana Pudding. Dreaming up wonderfully Southern things last week for the Southern Weddings Magazine burlap challenge, I couldn't get my mind off the ultimate southern treat, banana pudding. Itching to mix it up a bit, I decided to add in my other favorite southern treat, Bourbon. Hey, why not? And holy moly, talk about an indulgence. This banana pudding is creamy, sweet, and just like your momma used to make but with just the right amount of Bourbon burn as it's going down. I made mine with soy milk, but feel free to use your tried and true banana pudding recipe and add a little bourbon. I wish I could invite you all over for a nice big bowl so you didn't have to wait to enjoy it's utter deliciousness, but since that seems a slight bit impossible, here's the recipe...

:: Ingredients ::
3/4 C packed light brown sugar
3.5 T corn starch
1/4 t salt
3 C vanilla soy milk
4 large egg yolks
3 T unsalted butter
5 T Bourbon
3 medium bananas
Nilla Wafers

:: Directions ::
1. In a medium size sauce pan, whisk together brown sugar, corn starch and salt. On medium heat slowly whisk in your milk.
2. Whisk for 3-5 minutes until warm and slightly thick. 
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks. Once combined, add to pudding mixture on stove and combine.
4. Add in butter and Bourbon while continuing to whisk. 
5. Once thick, remove from heat, pour into a bowl and add in 2 chopped bananas. Refrigerate until cold, approximately 2 hours.
6. Once cold, layer with banana slices in individual serving glasses and garnish with Nilla Wafers.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy this turned out so well! I'll be making this soon - thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete