1.26.2012

Indulge In {Spaghetti Squash}

One of my New Year's Resolutions this year was to eat more vegetables. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I typically avoid the produce section in the grocery store and really don't have any interesting way to use them in a meal. To solve this problem, I started making a weekly trip to the Farmer's Market, buying what's fresh, and forcing my self to use it in whatever way possible. Well, this week I happened to pick up a spaghetti squash. Having failed attempts with it in the past, I took to Pinterest to find the perfect recipe. That's where I stumbled upon this from White On Rice Couple. It's a spaghetti squash with sausage and herbs garnished with a sprinkle of cheese. Talk about major delish and primarily vegetable! Here's the recipe...

:: Ingredients ::
1 Spaghetti Squash
1 Package Raw Sausage of Choosing (I use hot pork sausage.)
1 Small Onion Diced
3 Cloves Garlic Minced
Herbs of Your Choosing (I use oregano) 
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Pecorino Romano Cheese for Garnishing

:: Directions ::
1. Pre heat oven to 375. Cut spaghetti squash in half length wise and clean the seeds out of the middle. Bake rind side up for 40 minutes.

2. Roll sausage into small size balls. Cook in a pan with olive oil until cooked throughly. Set aside.

3. Drain off the majority of the grease but leave enough in the pan to sautee the onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent.

4. When spaghetti squash is done, use a fork to pull the squash. 

5. Add squash and sausage to the pan with onion and garlic. Mix in herbs, salt and pepper. 

6. Serve and garnish with Pecorino.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment