11.09.2011

Social Graces {Handwritten}

Stick with me through this one. Trust me, it's relevant. Every year around this time, I begin the journey to start and finish my Christmas shopping long before Christmas. And while it never actually happens that way, it's always worth the effort. So, I begin by talking to my 12 year old sister about what's on her list and she informs me that she wants an iPad. Of course I am incredibly curious as to why a 12 year old would feel the need to have an iPad when she already has a laptop. I'm sure you are wondering why too. Well, apparently all the kids have them now. And they take them to class. And take their notes on them. Which made me wonder, is the art of a hand written note completely lost on the next generation? If kids can't even pull out a pen in school, what will ever make them pull out a pen to write a thank you note, or send a simple hello note?

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the handwritten note. It shows someone that you care, that you actually took the time to sit down and write to them. While I'm completely aware that technology plays a huge role in our day to day lives (I mean hello, this message is coming to you VIA the internet, and I did sit down in front of my glowing computer screen for a while to write this.), there are some occasions where a hand written letter is preferred, and more appropriate.

A handwritten note is simple, classic, and thoughtful. Do you still believe in a handwritten letter or are you all about the email?

P.S. How amazing is this stationary from Rifle Paper Co?

No comments:

Post a Comment