9.05.2011

Rainy Day Blues...

Happy Labor Day! I realize that Labor Day is the last hoo-rah of the summer and you should really be spending your day outdoors with friends and family. But, if your weather forecast is anything like mine, you will be spending the day inside shielding yourself from the rain. So, in honor of the rainy holiday and ruined outdoor plans, I'm going to plan for you the perfect rainy day.  May I suggest the following...
First, I would get a little nostalgic and build an indoor tent. Do you remember doing this when you were little, especially when it rained? I had the greatest forts built out of sofa cushions, blankets and pillows. I loved it. I always felt so cozy and safe from the storm. 

The obvious next rainy day item is to make a slue of snacks. Skip the PB&Js and kick it up a notch with amazing Italian antipasti spread like this one. I'm imaging ripe tomatoes, prosciutto, fresh baked bread being dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, cheeses and fruit. Hey kids, this is not your average rainy day. It's okay to get a little fancy! Maybe even pour yourself a nice glass of wine. It is a holiday and all. Day drinking is totally allowed.
After a hefty snacking sesh, the next item on the perfect rainy day list is to catch up on some reading. Grab that September issue you have yet to flip through or maybe that book you bought a couple months ago and have yet to read (the new Chelsea Handler book has been on nightstand for weeks now!). Better yet, take a nap. You know you really want to. Plus, there is nothing better to do after chowing down than take a nap. Honestly, it's the best!
After that rainy day nap, may I suggest you finish off the day with a movie marathon. R is spending the day at the office catching up on some studying, and I plan on watching all of my favorite old movies he refuses to watch with me (movies like Breakfast at Tiffany's) until he gets home. I may even go crazy over the top and watch them from bed. 

Happy Labor Day! What do y'all have planned? Well, whatever it is, I hope it's fun and you stay safe! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment