9.08.2011

Delightful Dining {Sweet Cinnamon Biscuits}

Hopefully, your mouth has already started watering. But, if it hasn't already, forewarning, it's about to. First, let me tell you what this actually is. This delectable treat you are feasting your eyes on is a sweet cinnamon biscuit topped with warm cinnamon apples. And holy moly if it is not the best damn biscuit you have ever had, then you have had some damn good biscuits. Well last week, Paula Deen informed me that September is national biscuit month and clearly that meant that a batch of biscuits were in my future (and yours!).  But, these ain't your momma's biscuits. Let me tell you what we have going on here...

For the biscuits...
{1} 2 1/4 C Bisquik mix
{2} 2/3 C plus a dash of milk (I used Vanilla Soy instead of regular)
{3} 1/2 C cinnamon sugar (I mixed my own. I would say the ratio is about 2:1 sugar to cinnamon.)
{Instructions} Preheat the oven to 450. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Place a sheet of aluminum foil on a cookie sheet. You now have two options. You can either roll it out and cut with a cookie cutter, or you can do what I did. Make drop biscuits. Take a spoon and just dollop it on to the cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. 

For the apples...
{1} 4 Granny Smith apples
{2} 1 C cinnamon sugar
{3} 1/3 C water
{Instructions} Peel, core, and cut your apples into bite sized pieces. Combine apples, cinnamon sugar, and water in a medium sized sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover, reduce to a simmer and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until apples are soft and sauce is thick. 

For assembly and enjoyment...
{1} Cut your biscuit in half
{2} Ladle cinnamon apple over the biscuit 
{3} Eat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment