6.02.2011

Indulge In {Italian Tapas Party}

Maybe it's in my blood. Or maybe it's just delicious. But, I love Italian food.  And I do not take the word love lightly.  I mean let's be honest. Last month in New York, I went on a cannoli tour of Little Italy. Literally I ate about 8 cannoli.  They were all so good. But, in case you are ever there, the best one is some little place on the corner called Caffe Roma. I don't care what anyone says to you, or what the signs read, Caffe Roma is the best.  Hands down. Anyways, now I'm distracted thinking about cannoli and completely forget about the meaning behind this post. Food fitting for a beautifully rustic soirée. And back to it being in my blood (I am actually Italian.), when I think about rustic, my mind automatically drifts to the Italian countryside. Therefore, I feel nothing is more appropriate than some delicious Italian hand helds. The basic idea behind a rustic inspired event is that nothing is artificial, and the same should go for the food. Stuffed mushrooms, risotto balls, crostini, and cannoli are all ideal (and not to mention delish!). The natural ingredients and vibrant colors of these foods make my taste buds water. Don't forget the wine, because we all know no event is complete without it! Piacere!


No comments:

Post a Comment