7.09.2013

Real World Soiree {Fourth of July Bash}


We are continuing the holiday week into today with a look back at my Fourth of July bash. This year Rob and I took two days to celebrate with a trip the beach on Wednesday and a crab boil and oyster shuck at the house on Thursday. The way I figured it was if I couldn't be at the coast on the Fourth, I might as well bring some of my favorite things from the coast here. The intent was to do the crab boil outside, grill the oysters and enjoy a pitcher of sangria with friends. However the constant rain we have been receiving for the last week, put a kink in that plan. We moved the party inside but kept the feel the same. Rustic touches, bold blooms and patriotic elements filled the room. We wanted to keep the whole gathering simple, stress free, and big on fun. Even with the rain and cancelled fireworks, it was just that. I can't wait for next year's get together as we may just have to make the crab boil and oyster shuck a tradition!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment