4.11.2013

Indulge In {Pea & Prosciutto Salad}


Without fail, when the weather changes, my food cravings do too. I no longer want hearty stews, chili, and potatoes and start desiring fresh vegetables and lighter fare with fresh tasting ingredients. Bland salads aren't for everybody, and certainly aren't my first choice, but green just seems right as a side dish during the spring. I shared this recipe last year, and as we transition the party outside, I thought I would share it again. This pea and prosciutto salad is light but flavorful and a crowd pleaser for sure. The freshness is what sells me. It goes great with chicken, seafood, and burger and is much nicer alternative to the traditional salad. Here's the recipe!

:: Ingredients ::
4 Slices Prosciutto
2 Cups Frozen Green Peas
1/4 Cup Feta Crumbles
1 Clove Garlic, minced
2 Green Onions, diced
2.5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

:: Directions ::
1. Cook the four slices of prosciutto until crispy. Set aside. Crumble once cooled.
2. In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Add frozen peas and cook till defrosted, about 2 minutes. Drain.
3. In a bowl, combine peas, crumbled prosciutto, feta, garlic, green onion, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment