4.18.2013

Indulge In {Breakfast Tostada}


Happy Thursday y'all! It's almost the weekend and almost time to start celebrating. Nothing big going on this weekend? Just celebrate the fact that you made it through another week. Work can get stressful and times hard so it's always good to take a step back, relax, and celebrate the fact that you hung in there! That's exactly what I plan on doing this weekend. I have a huge week coming up next week and am really looking forward to the calm before the storm. I'm going to indulge in a few of my favorite things to really celebrate life like a movie marathon on the couch, maybe a mani/pedi, for sure my magazines, and of course my favorite, the big weekend breakfast. It's 100% my favorite meal and I rarely get to indulge in it. I posted this recipe last year but sounds like the perfect one for my perfect Saturday ahead so I thought I would share it again for all who missed it the first time. The breakfast tostada is piled high with warm scrambled eggs, black beans, sauteed garlic tomato shrimp, fresh sliced avocado, and melted cheese. It's filling, delicious, and a lovely treat to start the day. Serve it up with a fresh mimosa for the ultimate experience. Here's the recipe!


:: Ingredients ::
Whole Wheat Tortilla
3 Eggs
2 Tablespoons Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 Tablespoons Black Beans
1/4 lb Medium Shrimp
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Salsa
1 Tablespoon Sour Cream
3 Slices Avocado

:: Directions ::
1. Heat a bit of olive oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add garlic and sautee until fragrant. Add shrimp and tomato paste and cook until shrimp is done. Set aside.
2. Scramble eggs and set aside.
3. In a small pan, heat olive oil. Once hot place tortilla down and pan fry till crispy. Flip and crisp the other side. Plate.
4. On top of the tortilla place eggs, black beans, shredded cheese, shrimp, salsa, sour cream, and avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment