3.27.2013

The Happiest Hour {Best Berry Sangria}


There is this little bar in historic St. Augustine called Sangria's. They make, hands down, the best sangria you have ever had. They let the fruit soak over night in sangria from the day before and top each glass with bit of sparkling wine for an effervescent flair. I've never made sangria in my life that compares to this. Until now. The trick I learned was mixing it all the night before and letting it sit. I added a bit of the mixture to the berries and let those sit overnight as well. The next day, I mixed  it all up and topped with sparkling wine to create my perfect rainy day cocktail! Here's the recipe.


:: Ingredients ::
750 ml Bottle Red Wine
1 1/2 Cups Port Wine
1 Cup Orange Juice
1 Cup Cranberry Juice
2 Cups Mixed Berries

:: Directions ::
1. Combine red wine, port wine, orange juice, and cranberry juice in pitcher.
2. Place berries in a separate pitcher and top with 1 cup of the sangria mixture.
3. Let both sit in the refrigerator overnight. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment