10.12.2012

The Happiest Hour {Hot Apple Cider}


Besides the s'mores cupcakes I showed you yesterday, I think hot apple cider may be one of my favorite fall treats. It is definitely my favorite fall cocktail. When served hot with a splash of bourbon or rum, it's sure to warm you up on a cool evening. While you can simply buy a gallon of cider from the store, I prefer to spice mine up. Here's my recipe for the perfect cup of hot apple cider!

:: Ingredients ::
1 Gallon Apple Cider
1 Orange, sliced
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 teaspoons Whole Cloves
1/2 teaspoon Ground Allspice
4 tablespoons Brown Sugar

:: Directions ::
1. Combine ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Over medium high heat stir until sugar is dissolved.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Serve with a splash of bourbon or rum.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment