9.05.2012

Party DIY {Terra-cotta Pots}


I showed you last week the redo of my once dull back deck. But, what I didn't show you were the terra-cotta pots decorating the one corner. I wanted to save them and show them to you in a DIY post today. I love using terra-cotta for it's natural element and the price. Although, they can be a bit plain looking, so I decided it was time to give them an added stylish boost to make the bright buds I planted pop even more. Plus, they were super easy to make and can be customized to your design style. I went with white color blocking because it's simple, neutral, and modern. These pots aren't just perfect for back deck decorating either. I can imagine small pots in the center of the table at your next dinner party holding different herbs for guests to add to their entree. Here's how I made it happen!

:: Supplies ::
Terra-cotta Pots
Painters Tape
Spray Paint

:: Directions ::
1. Tape off the area that you want to remain the clay color. It's not necessary to tape off the entire area but just the edge of the area that you don't want painted.
2. Holding about 3 inches from the pot, spray 2-3 coats of paint on desired area. Remove tape, let dry, and plant blossoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment